Monday, January 31, 2011

PLANned Leftovers: Pork Roast Meal 3 - Pork Paprikash

I had mine without added sour cream.

Remember the pork roast I brined and roasted last week?  I told you I had plans for the leftovers.  The second meal was pulled pork sandwiches which was a great success.  Meal three was tonight: Pork with Paprika, Mushrooms and Sour Cream.  I found it at http://www.kalynskitchen.com/.  She's very creative.  I always enjoy her recipes.  This one is South Beach friendly, which is very close to what I'm trying to accomplish on The Plan.  Her site has one of the most extensive and diverse collections of South Beach recipes I've ever seen.  Highly recommended. By me. Enough said.

Speaking of The Plan, 1 serving (1/4th) of this recipe, with a minor alteration (after trimming, I had 14 ounces of meat, rather than 16 ounces called for in the recipe), clocks in at:
  • 3.5 ounces of meat
  • 1 1/4 cups vegetables
  • 2 1/4 teaspoons oil
  • 1/2 cup milk (for 3 tablespoons sour cream)
  • I served it over 3 ounces of cooked noodles (counted as grain).

It was delicious!  I loved it.  Walt, not so much.  It reminded him of goulash due to the paprika.  He has a thing about goulash... 

...which didn't keep him from putting a serious dent in his serving before I got back with the camera.  He had his with sour cream, and I wanted to show you the creaminess of the sauce.

I loved the flavor combinations; it did remind me of goulash, but the meat didn't have the succulent fall apart texture of goulash.  It was firm, moist and tender, exactly as I'd hoped, knowing that one of the reasons Walt doesn't like goulash is due to the texture of the beef.  It was also very, very filling and rich.  I could only eat half of my serving - which is a very good thing.  I'm full on less food.  That's a double win for me.

I still have one more pound of roast pork to use up.  Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.