Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Couponing in the Storm

WHY would I go to Jewel right before the Storm of the Century hits? For deals like these.


They PAID me $1.52 to take them home!
I made money by buying these 2 bottles of soy sauce.  They were on sale for $1.99 each.  I used a BOGO which, because the cashier entered the maximum coupon value of $3.00, brought it down to $.49 each, then I used a $1.00 off 1 coupon which brought it down to -.01 each and earned a catalina for $1.50.  Which means they paid me $1.52 to take them home.  AND I used .55 off a dozen eggs with purchase of soy sauce. (I know what you're thinking: "Soy sauce and eggs?"  It had a recipe for fried rice attached).  

They also had a one of their Fave 4 deals going.  This one was 4 for $10.  If you buy 4 meat items (from a list), they are price adjusted to $2.50 each.  I had to make that better with coupons.  In their ad was a store coupon for $2 off 2 Johnsonville sausage (2 of my 4), which I stacked with a $1 off 2 Johnsonville sausage manufacturer's coupon which took it down to $1.00 each.  The other 2 packages of meat were Jewel brand, which didn't have any coupons.

On to peanut butter
Jewel had Skippy peanut butter on sale for 2/$3.00.  Inside their ad was a coupon for $2 off 2.  I bought 2 jars of Skippy peanut butter for $1.00 ...

that's .50 each!


My last deal may not seem to be so great, but if you've bought Polaner All Fruit jams, you know a)how good it is and b)how expensive it is.  This jar, normally $2.99 was on sale for $1.99 and I had a $1 coupon.  I love coupons.

$1.00 jar of Polaner All Fruit

I also bought soy milk using $1.00 off coupon, almond milk $1.00 off coupon, Healthy Life buns .35 off coupon, carrots, bananas, romaine, ground sirloin and margarine (no coupons). 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.