Monday, July 1, 2013

Gluten Free Pancake

Ever notice that you really want something after being told you can't have it?  I never was a fan of pancakes because I always got a tummyache after eating them.  Since finding out that I'm gluten sensitive what do I crave? You got it - Pancakes!

After trying some ok and some really terrible gluten free pancakes, I found one that is wheat free, sugar free, filling, satisfying, great tasting and fast.  I can have this on the table in 2 minutes.  Literally.


How? The microwave!  Yep, you bake this in the microwave.

The Ingredients
My BFF ground flaxseed takes center stage in this recipe.  I add a little GF flour to give it a better texture, but you can leave it out.  This time I used brown rice flour, other flours also work. I don't recommend soy flour, messes with the flavor.

Spray a microwaveable pie plate with non stick, add the wet ingredients and whisk. 
Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl.
Add them to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine. 

Sprinkle with walnuts.
Microwave 1 minute 30 seconds on high.
Enjoy with some sugar free pancake syrup.

Gluten-Free Pancake
1 serving

1 tablespoon oil
1 1/2 tablespoons sugar free vanilla syrup (OR 1 Tablespoon Splenda + 1 1/2 Tablespoons water + 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract)
1 egg white (3 tablespoons from the carton)

1/4 cup ground flaxseed
1 Tablespoon Gluten Free flour (rice, almond and coconut are all good)
1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon baking powder

1 Tablespoon chopped walnuts

Spray a microwave safe pie plate with non-stick.  Add the wet ingredients and whisk.
Combine the dry ingredients and whisk into the wet until well combined.
Sprinkle with walnuts.
Microwave 1 minute 30 seconds on High.
Serve right from the pie plate. (Why dirty another plate?)


Let me know if you try this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave me a comment.