1 1b. Healthy Meatballs/Meatloaf or supermarket traditional style frozen meatballs
Boiling water in pot big enough for meatballs and water
2 tablespoons butter
1 box beef flavored Rice-a-Roni
3 cups water
1/3 cup Ken's Lite Asian Soy and Sesame salad dressing
1 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce (optional)
1 1/2 cups frozen stir fry veggies, thawed and roughly chopped
4 scallions, sliced
- Add meatballs to boiling water. Simmer while rice sautes.
- Melt butter in a dutch oven over medium heat. Stir in rice and noodles from the Rice-a-Roni box. Saute until lightly browned.
- Add 3 cups water, salad dressing, soy sauce and the seasoning packet from Rice-a-Roni; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, add drained meatballs and veggies. Cover and simmer 10 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with sliced scallions and serve with low sodium soy sauce, if desired. Yummy with a spinach/mandarin orange salad alongside.
Makes 6 (1 cup) servings.
Ugly, quick and tasty.